From a parents meeting in Southern Ohio:
The Safe(r) Way to Vaccinate
- Wait until at least age 2 if possible. If the child is not in daycare it’s reasonable to wait until their immune system is more mature and better able to handle the direct insult of a strong vaccine. Plus if the child is breastfeeding, mom is passing on her immunities to the child.
- Only ONE vaccine at a time. If you have an adverse reaction to a vaccine, you want to be able to easily identify which vaccine it was.
- 30 days in between – at a minimum. 90 days would be better.
- Never when they’re sick! – even with just the sniffles. Their immune system is already engaged. Dont inject them with a vaccine unless completely healthy at the time.
- No “Heavy Metal fillers” – such as Mercury. Mercury is the most toxic substance on earth that is not radio-active. There is 10 times the amount of mercury in a flu shot as there is in a bad can of tuna (and the government has been warning us about mercury in tuna for many years). 99% of ALL flu shots still have mercury in them.
- Be wary of a Live Virus Vaccine – for many years, all vaccines were made up of a very small amount of the dead organism for which you were trying to gain immunity. In the 1990’s the measles part of the MMR vaccine was switched to a LIVE measles virus in hopes it would increase effectiveness. Many children’s immune systems are not able to handle a Live Measles Virus being injected directly into their blood stream bypassing most of the immune system.
- Check blood immunity titers before getting 2nd and 3rd dose of the same vaccine – many children develop sufficient immunity with only a single vaccine and don’t really need the boosters that are recommended for All children, whether they need it or not.
- Consider only vaccinating for Diseases you are REALLY afraid of. Many vaccines are now given for diseases that are only very, very rarely serious and for illnesses that can easily be treated. Consider whether the vaccine may have more consequences than the disease itself.
- If you decide to vaccinate, give your child the following for 7-10 days beforehand to help the child’s immune system prepare: a strong probiotic – at least 20 Billion strong with 4-8 strains (100 Billion strength is even better); fish oil/ cod liver oil; extra vitamin D – up to 5000 I.U. per day.
- Report any fever, rash or other unusual side effect immediately to your doctor and insist it is reported as an adverse vaccine reaction to the CDC. Not all vaccines are created equal. In 40+ states, parents have the sole right to choose concerning vaccines. The government/public schools have NO say in those states and can not force anyone to vaccinate.